How to cook Baked Sole Fillets with Ham
- 8 sole or flounder fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 slices baked ham
- 4 small boiled onions
- 2 tomatoes, skinned
- 2 ounces butter
- Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Butter an oven-proof glass pie plate generously. Set slices of baked ham on bottom of dish. Cover each slice with a sole or flounder fillet.
- Put in boiled onions and tomatoes, (previously stewed in 2 ounces of butter). Add chopped parsley, to taste.
- Combine sherry and cream with the butter in which the tomatoes were stewed. Pour this sauce over the fish fillets and top with bread crumbs.
- Set the dish in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 10 minutes. At the end of this time, cover with an inverted pie plate and continue to bake for another 20 minutes, or until done.
The Baked Sole Fillets with Ham recipe easy to cook and so good!
If you poach the fish fillets in a little hot water with butter, salt, cloves, lemon juice and onion before assembling the dish, time may be cut in half. French bread is delicious with this dish, as the sauce must not be ignored.
This recipe for Baked Sole Fillets with Ham serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Sole Fillets with Ham recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Baked