How to cook Baked Sole Fillets with Seafood
- 4 sole or flounder fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Seafood (1 dozen cooked shrimp and 1 dozen lightly poached oysters)
- Shallots or green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sliced, cooked mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 pound butter
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Take sole or flounder fillets and arrange them in a flat buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped shallots or green onions and mushrooms. Cover with dry white wine and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the simmered fish fillets to suitable serving dish, and place in warming oven at low heat.
- Strain broth into a saucepan and reduce by boiling to 1 cup. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a separate pan and stir in flour until paste is smooth.
- Add the cup of broth, a little at a time, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Add dry white wine, lemon juice, 1/4 pound butter, beaten in until thoroughly combined, salt, and white pepper to taste.
- Surround the fish with warm cooked shrimp and lightly poached oysters. Pour wine sauce over all and serve.
The Baked Sole Fillets with Seafood recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Sole Fillets with Seafood serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Sole Fillets with Seafood recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered