How to cook Baked Spicy Cilantro-Lime Tilapia
- 2 tilapia fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed (for a milder taste, remove seeds and ribs)
- Small hunk of ginger root (about 1 inch), peeled and chopped
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup +1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine garlic, jalapeno, ginger, lime juice, and cilantro in a food processor or blender. Process for 10 seconds.
- With the processor still running, slowly pour 1/4 cup of olive oil down feed tub until mixture is smooth.
- Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula, season with salt and pepper, and process for another 10 seconds. Set sauce aside.
- Turn broiler setting on the oven to high - 525°F (275°C).
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and rub foil with a tablespoon of olive oil. Place fillets on sheet.
- Brush cilantro sauce (save a little to serve) over fillets and place in the oven to bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until tender and flakey.
- Top with saved sauce and serve the Baked Spicy Cilantro-Lime Tilapia immediately.
The Baked Spicy Cilantro-Lime Tilapia
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Spicy Cilantro-Lime Tilapia serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Spicy Cilantro-Lime Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Baked