How to cook Baked Spicy Trout Fillets
- 4 cutthroat, brook, rainbow, lake or other freshwater trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided use
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Watercress sprigs (optional), to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place trout fillets on a baking sheet. Lightly brush fillets with 1 teaspoon oil, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Combine bread crumbs and the next 6 ingredients (bread crumbs through nutmeg) in a small bowl.
- Pat the bread crumb mixture onto fillets, and drizzle 2 teaspoons oil evenly over fillets.
- Bake at 450°F (230°C) for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish the Spicy Trout Fillets with watercress sprigs, if desired.
The Baked Spicy Trout Fillets recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Nutritional Value Per Serving:
Calories: 269, carbohydrates: 6.9 g, cholesterol: 97 mg, fat: 10 g, sodium: 183 mg, protein: 36.1 g, calcium: 132 mg, iron: 4 mg, fiber: 0.7 g.
This recipe for Baked Spicy Trout Fillets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Spicy Trout Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Baked