How to cook Baked Spicy Whole Perch or Atka Mackerel
- 2 whole yellow perch or atka mackerel, about 1 pound each
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 1/3 cup yogurt (or buttermilk)
- 3 tablespoons spice mix (ground coriander, ground cumin, dry savory, dry oregano and paprika)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black (or red) pepper to taste
- Carefully clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills, cut off fins. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Make several diagonal slashes on each side of a cleaned fish, maybe every inch or so.
- Put the whole perch in a bowl; pour yogurt over the fish and let stand in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt , pepper and spice mixture inside and out. (Save a little spice mixture for later use.)
- Grease the entire fish with sour cream.
- Cover a baking try with foil; lay the fish and sprinkle with the remaining spice mixture.
- Bake in a preheated to 425°F (220°C) oven until golden brown, for about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the baked fish from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Then transfer it to a serving plate.
- Decorate the Baked Spicy Whole Perch or Atka Mackerel by inserting the tomato slices in slashes of fish.
The Baked Spicy Whole Perch or Atka Mackerel
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Spicy Whole Perch or Atka Mackerel serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Spicy Whole Perch or Atka Mackerel recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Baked