4 - 6 servings
How to cook Baked Spicy Whole Pompano in Foil
- 1 whole (about 3 pounds) pompano fish, may be substitute by red snapper or ocean perch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Clean the pompano fish.
- Mix salt, pepper, nutmeg, onion and rub into the fish, inside and outside.
- Wrap in foil and bake about 20 minutes in a moderate oven.
- Whilst fish is baking combine butter, lime juice and soy sauce.
- At the end of 20 minutes, pour this sauce over the fish.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes longer.
- Serve the Caribbean Baked Spicy Whole Pompano hot with mashed potatoes and some vegetable salad.
The Caribbean Baked Spicy Whole Pompano in Foil is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
is an East Coast fish that runs from New England to South America.
is a popular food fish. Its diet yields a rich but mild flavor.The pompano’s flesh is oily and looks white and opaque.
This recipe for Baked Spicy Whole Pompano in Foil serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Baked Spicy Whole Pompano in Foil recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pompano
Preparation Method: Baked