8 - 10
How to cook Baked Stuffed Bluefish in White Wine
- 3 whole bluefish (about 3 pounds each), cleaned, leaving the heads and tails intact
- 2 large carrots, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 ribs of celery, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- Sprinkle the bluefish inside and out with the salt and the pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, onion, celery, dill, basil, and parsley.
- Spoon 3/4 of the stuffing into the bluefish, reshape the fish, pressing them closed, and arrange them cut sides down in a baking dish just large enough to hold them.
- Arrange the remaining stuffing around the bluefish and pour the butter and the wine over the bluefish.
- Bake the bluefish in the middle of a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35 minutes or until they just flake.
- Transfer them carefully with spatulas to a platter and spoon the stuffing around them.
Bluefish is a fatty, fine-textured fish, ranging from white to silver in color. Remove the dark, oily strip that runs down its center before cooking to avoid a fishy taste.
This recipe for Baked Stuffed Bluefish in White Wine serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Baked Stuffed Bluefish in White Wine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bluefish
Preparation Method: Baked