How to cook Baked Stuffed Lobster
- 4 live lobsters, about 1 1/4 pounds each
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 2/3 cups unsalted soda cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Water cress, to garnish (optional)
- Lemon wedges, to garnish (optional)
- Drop live lobsters into a very large kettle of rapidly boiling salted water; cover. Cook over high heat 8 to 10 minutes. Lobsters will turn a bright red. Remove at once with tongs; drain; let cool enough to handle.
- Place each lobster on its back and cut down middle from head to tail with scissors, being careful not to cut through hard shell of back. Press lobster open so it will lie flat. (If needed, simply crack shell of back in a few places.)
- Lift out the pink coral (roe), if any, and green tomalley (liver). Discard stomach sac or "lady" from back of head, black vein running from head to tail, and spongy gray tissue. Brush meat with some of the melted butter or margarine. Place lobsters on a large baking sheet.
- Mix cracker crumbs, parsley, paprika, and salt in a medium-size bowl; drizzle with remaining melted butter or margarine; toss lightly to mix. Pack into opened lobsters, dividing evenly.
- Bake in hot oven at 425°F (220°C) 15 minutes, or until meat is hot and crumb topping is golden. Place on individual large serving platters; garnish each with water cress and lemon wedges, if you wish.
The Baked Stuffed Lobster recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Baked Stuffed Lobster serves/makes: 4
The Baked Stuffed Lobster recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Baked