How to cook Baked Stuffed Shrimp with Clams
- 1 pound (454 g) large shrimp, uncooked
- 1 (6-ounce) can minced clams
- 3/4 cup soda cracker crumbs (about 18 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup sherry (dry or sweet)
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving tails on.
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly shrimp by cutting along the inner curve or underbelly about halfway (almost completely through), leaving the tails firmly attached.
- Press the shrimp down flat like a butterfly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter, clams (including liquid), parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff each of the shrimp with the clam mixture. Arrange the stuffed shrimp in a large baking dish pour sherry around the shrimp.
- Bake approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until shrimp are opaque in center (cut to test).
- Remove from oven.
- To serve, arrange shrimp on a serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
- Serve warm.
Very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Baked Stuffed Shrimp with Clams serves/makes: 4
The Baked Stuffed Shrimp with Clams recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Baked