How to cook Baked Stuffed Whole Flounder with Crab Meat
- 4 small whole flounder
- 1 cup flaked crab meat
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons each chopped onion, celery and bell pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup crushed cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Clean and scale flounder. Remove heads if desired and wash the fish. Make an incision down the middle on the top side of the fish. With the knife parallel to the fish, cut the flesh away from the backbone on each side to make a pocket for stuffing. Do not cut through the fin area.
- Saute vegetables in margarine. Combine vegetables and all other ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Loosely stuff flounder with mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Wrap tail in aluminum foil. Baste flounder with cooking oil or margarine.
- Bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness at 350 degrees F, basting once.
- Fish is done when the flesh flakes and is solid white.
This recipe for Baked Stuffed Whole Flounder with Crab Meat serves/makes: 4
The Baked Stuffed Whole Flounder with Crab Meat recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked