How to cook Baked Stuffed Whole Perch with Rice
- 1 whole perch (2 1/2 - 3 pounds)
- Melted butter
- Dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raw rice
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Salt and white pepper to tast
- Scale and clean the perch. Leave the head on.
- Rub the perch, inside and out, with salt. Allow the perch to stand for and hour or so.
- Cook the rice in salted water. Drain if necessary.
- Dice the hard-boiled eggs and add the rice and a little cream. Season to taste.
- Place the perch on a greased ovenproof dish and stuff with the rice and egg mixture.
- Brush the perch on both sides with melted butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (225 degrees C) until the perch is slightly browned. Reduce the temperature to 350 - 400 degrees F (180 - 200 degrees C). Add some water and cream to the pan. Baste the perch with the mixture occasionally.
- When the perch is golden brown and the fins come off easily when pulled, the pike is done. This will take 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the perch.
This recipe for Baked Stuffed Whole Perch with Rice serves/makes: 6
The Baked Stuffed Whole Perch with Rice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Baked