How to cook Baked Tahong with Sweet Chili-Mayo Topping
- 2 dozen large half-shell frozen tahong (green mussels), thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon spring onions, chopped
- Juice from one lime or calamansi
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, sweet chili sauce, spring onions and lime juice.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of mayo-chili mixture on mussels and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven for about 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve the Baked Tahong with Sweet Chili-Mayo Topping hot.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
The Baked Tahong with Sweet Chili-Mayo Topping recipe very easy to cook and so good!
Baked Tahong with Sweet Chili-Mayo Topping
are half shell mussels topped with a sweet chili, mayo and cheese mixture and baked until golden and bubbly.
I used frozen green mussels that are already half-shelled. If using live mussels, steam mussels just until shells open and remove top shell.
Tips on how to prepare mussels for cooking.
This recipe for Baked Tahong with Sweet Chili-Mayo Topping serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Tahong with Sweet Chili-Mayo Topping recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Baked