How to cook Baked Tilapia with Cream Bread Crust
- 1 1/2 pounds small tilapia fillets
- 2 medium onion, cut into half rings
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 2 ounces hard cheese, grated
- 3-4 slices stale rye bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Italian or Provencal herb blend
- 2 pinches of oregano
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Rinse the fish fillets under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lay the onion half rings on the bottom of a baking dish and top with the tilapia fillets in one layer.
- Season with herbs, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour in half and half cream.
- Grate the bread slices in the blender and mix with eggs, grated cheese and salt.
- If the mixture is too thick, add 2-3 tablespoons half and half cream and mix again.
- Spread the bread mixture evenly over the fish and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, then broil on high for 5-7 minutes to brown crust.
- Serve hot with an easy side dish of your choice, for example boiled rice or mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables.
The Baked Tilapia with Cream Bread Crust
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Tilapia with Cream Bread Crust serves/makes: 6 servings
The Baked Tilapia with Cream Bread Crust recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Baked