4 - 5 servings
How to cook Baked Tilapia with Mushrooms and Tomatoes
- 1 1/3 pounds small tilapia fillets
- 1 large onion, cut into half rings
- 2-3 tomatoes, cut into rings
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3-5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian or Provencal herb blend
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Rinse the fish fillets under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut them into half lengthwise and rub each piece with mayonnaise.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil and lay the fish in one layer.
- Season with herbs, oregano, salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and fry over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Once it's done, lay the sliced onions on top of the fish, then make a next layer with the fried mushrooms. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place on top the tomato rings and season with salt again.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, then remove from the oven cover with foil and let stand 7-8 minutes before serving.
- Serve the baked tilapiawith an easy side dish of your choice, for example boiled rice or mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables.
The Baked Tilapia with Mushrooms and Tomatoes
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Tilapia with Mushrooms and Tomatoes serves/makes: 4 - 5 servings
The Baked Tilapia with Mushrooms and Tomatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Baked