How to cook Baked Tilapia with Thyme and Marjoram
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- Ice water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of flour (preferably all-purpose flour)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4cup of yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried marjoram
Non-stick cooking spray
- Start by preheating the oven to 400° F.
- Cut the tilapia fillets into four serving pieces if necessary.
- Place the tilapia fillets in ice water and allow them to soak for a few minutes.
- Rinse the tilapia fillets under cold running water, before you carefully pat them dry with a paper towel or similar.
- Place salt, pepper and flour in a shallow pan or plate and mix them together.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, and disregard the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites until they are white and foamy and put them in another shallow pan or plate.
- Place yellow cornmeal, bread crumbs, dried thyme and dried marjoram in a separate shallow pan or plate and blend the ingredients together.
- Cover the tilapia fillets by first dipping them into the flour mix and then into the egg white mix. Finnish by carefully covering the tilapia fillets completely in the bread crumb mix.
- Use cooking spray to coat a low sided baking pan.
- Put the tilapia fillets in the baking pan and bake them in the oven during 10-12 minutes. The tilapia is ready when it is easy to flake the fish using a fork.
This tilapia recipe is very easy to follow and produces a delicious baked tilapia dish with a wonderful thyme and marjoram flavor.
Thyme - A savory, slightly bitter herb that is available fresh or dried, thyme is used to flavor many soups, sauces and vegetable dishes.
Marjoram - An ancient herb, which is a member of the mint family, with pale green leaves and a mild, sweet, oregano-like flavor.
This recipe for Baked Tilapia with Thyme and Marjoram serves/makes: 4
The Baked Tilapia with Thyme and Marjoram recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Baked