How to cook Baked Tilapia with White Wine
- 2 fresh tilapia fillets, approximately 8-10 ounces each
- 5 ounces (1/4pint) medium white wine
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped mixed herbs
- 6 salad onions, diagonally sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 ounce butter
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, blended with a little cold water
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Arrange the Tilapia side by side in a lightly oiled roasting tin or ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the wine, then sprinkle over the chopped garlic, most of the herbs, the salad onions and seasoning to taste. Place half the butter on each fish.
- Cover with a sheet of lightly oiled foil, seal in the fish then bake in a preheated oven 350°F, for 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer the Tilapia to a serving dish and keep warm. Pour the juices into a pan, stir in the blended cornflour and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the creme fraiche, pour over and serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining herbs.
Cooking Time: Approximately 35 minutes.
This recipe for Baked Tilapia with White Wine serves/makes: 2
The Baked Tilapia with White Wine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Baked