How to cook Baked Trout with Almond Sauce
- 1 whole trout, about 1 3/4 to 2 pounds
- 1 onion
- 3-4 parsley sprig
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 ounces chopped almonds
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Gut the fish, cut off the head and tail. Rinse the fish well with cold water inside and out.
- Rub the fish inside and out with salt.
- Coarsely slice the onion. Lay the half of the onion slices on the bottom of a baking dish. Add parsley and pour the wine.
- The other half of the onion slices, bay leaves and peppercorns place into the belly of the trout.
- Place the stuffed fish in the baking dish. Grease the top of fish with olive oil and place the dish in a 400°F (205°C) oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Then turn on broiler at 500°F (260°C) and cook for 3 to 6 minutes. This will really infuse the flavor and give a nice crisp coat to the fish.
- At this time, prepare the sauce. In a saucepan heat the butter and fry the chopped almonds until golden brown. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Transfer the baked trout to a warmed serving dish and pour the almond sauce over the fish.
The Baked Trout
with Almond Sauce recipe is very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Baked Trout with Almond Sauce serves/makes: 6 servings
The Baked Trout with Almond Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Baked