How to cook Baked Turbot Fillets
- 1 pound (454 g) frozen turbot fillets
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) chervil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- Arrange frozen turbot fillets into an oven-safe dish.
- Sprinkle with minced green onion, chopped parsley, tarragon, chervil and a little salt.
- Pour in dry white wine and water.
- Bake into a preheated 450°F (230°C) oven for 15 minutes, until the flesh has turned opaque and can easily be broken-up with a fork.
- Transfer fish fillets onto a warm serving plate, reserving cooking liquids keep fish warm.
- Prepare sauce.
- Pour hot sauce over fish fillets.
- Broil until golden brown.
- Decorate with remaining green grape halves.
How to cook Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooking liquids
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) butter
- 2 tablespoons (17.5 g) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seedless green grapes, halved
- Over high heat, reduce cooking liquids to 1 cup (250 mL).
- Drain through a sieve pour in milk.
- Melt butter mix in flour.
- Pour in drained cooking liquids, stirring, until thick and smooth.
- Delicately mix in 1/3 cup (80 mL) green grape halves, reserving remaining grape halves to decorate.
This recipe for Baked Turbot Fillets serves/makes: 2
The Baked Turbot Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Turbot
Preparation Method: Baked