6 - 8 servings
How to cook Baked Walleye Steaks with Onions
- 6 to 8 walleye (zander or pike-perch) steaks, about 2 inch thick
- Sea salt to taste
- Flour for breading
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, cut into thin half rings
- Spicy seasoning of your choice to taste (I used a spicy fish seasoning)
- 3-4 ounces black olives to garnish
- A few sprigs parsley to garnish
- Rinse the fish steaks under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dredge the steaks in mixture of flour and salt.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil and lay the fish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake into a preheated 200°C (400°F) oven for approximately 25 minutes, until fish flesh can easily be broken-up with a fork.
- Meanwhile saute onions in olive oil until tender.
- Transfer the bake fish on a dinner plate, sprinkle seasoning on top and put the sauteed onions over/into steaks.
- Garnish the baked walleye steaks with black olives and parsley
- Serve hot with cooked pasta.
The Baked Walleye Steaks
with Onions is a very affordable and healthy dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Baked Walleye Steaks with Onions serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Baked Walleye Steaks with Onions recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Baked