8 - 10
How to cook Baked Whole Bluefish with Bacon
- 1 (5 to 8 pounds) whole bluefish, cleaned
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, stems trimmed
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Finely dice 6 thick slices of bacon and thinly slice two lemons set both aside.
- Lay a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil, 6 inches longer than the whole bluefish, on a work surface.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of coarse salt down the center of the foil, then lay half the lemon slices on the salt.
- Scatter a handful of parsley and thyme sprigs and 1 sliced, peeled yellow onion on the herbs.
- Cover the whole bluefish with the remaining bacon, then lemon slices. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons coarse salt.
- Cover with foil, rolling and crimping edges to seal.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
This recipe for Baked Whole Bluefish with Bacon serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Baked Whole Bluefish with Bacon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bluefish
Preparation Method: Baked