How to cook Baked Whole Bream with Vegetables
- 1 whole bream, cleaned and gutted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 lime, sliced
- 1 onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 small zucchini, sliced
- Olive oil for greasing
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Lay the sliced tomato on the bottom of a baking dish, greased with olive oil.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper inside and out; place the fish in the center.
- Put 2 slices of lime into the belly and 3 of them on top of bream.
- Arrange the sliced carrots, onions, and zucchini around the fish.
- Cover the baking dish with a foil and bake to the oven at 355°F (180°C) for about 25-30 minutes.
- Removed the foil, gently put the cooked rice under vegetables and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the bake fish on a dinner plate and serve hot with vegetables and rice.
Cook time: 60 mins
The Baked Whole Bream with Vegetables recipe is so simple to execute, yet tastes so awesome!
This is a seriously easy dish to make. Even if you’ve never baked a fish before or handled a whole fish, you’ll be able to pull this one off.
The thing I love about baking fish whole is the fact that there is such little prep time involved in doing it. Not only that but the fish becomes so tender and just flakes apart when you run your fork through it.
I used bream in this recipe, but you could use any fish really. Another that I regularly bake is trevally, sea bass or sea bream, so feel free to experiment here.
This recipe for Baked Whole Bream with Vegetables serves/makes: 1 serving
The Baked Whole Bream with Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked