How to cook Baked Whole Carp Stuffed with Mushrooms
- 1 medium whole carp
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup minced mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 chopped carrot
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the whole carp with vinegar and let it stand for fifteen minutes.
- Mix bread crumbs, sugar, onions mushrooms and carrots together with a cup of water or white wine and stuff the whole carp.
- Brush the whole carp all over with a stirred egg cover it thickly with bread crumbs and a few lumps of butter. Then bake for an hour in a moderate oven, basting occasionally.
- When the whole carp is done, place it on a heated platter and garnish with slices of lemon.
- Add enough water to the gravy in the pan to make a half pint. Thicken with a tablespoonful of flour rubbed into 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook for a moment to thicken, strain, add the juice of a lemon, and pepper and salt to taste and pour over the baked whole carp.
This recipe for Baked Whole Carp Stuffed with Mushrooms serves/makes: 6
The Baked Whole Carp Stuffed with Mushrooms recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Baked