How to cook Baked Whole Mullet in Grape Leaves
- 2 whole mullet or medium size fish of your choice, about 3/4 to 1 pound
- Grape leaves, canned
- Salt to taste
- Cumin to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Fennel seeds, pounded to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, lengthwise
- 4-6 small parsley sprig
- Preheat oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Gut the fish, remove their gills, scale and wash it.
- Rub the olive oil, paprika, cumin, pounded fennel seeds, and salt all over the fish.
- Place garlic and parsley into the belly of the fish.
- Wash canned grape leaves, do not soak in water.
- Then wrap the fish with grape leaves and place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 355°F (180°C) for about 30-40 minutes.
- You will get a juicy, flavorful, tender fish with a subtle acidity.
- Serve hot with parsley sprigs, tomatoes and green olives.
The Baked Whole Mullet
in Grape Leaves recipe is very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Baked Whole Mullet in Grape Leaves serves/makes: 2 servings
The Baked Whole Mullet in Grape Leaves recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Baked