3 - 4
How to cook Baked Whole Sea Bass in Black Bean Sauce
- 1 whole sea bass about 1 1/2 pounds, gutted and cleaned
- 4 ounces Black Bean Sauce
- 4 salad onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into fine julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Make two slashes on each side of the fish. Fold a large sheet of foil in half to give a double thickness and place the whole sea bass in the centre. Pour the black bean sauce over and around the fish.
- Sprinkle the onions and ginger over the fish and seal the foil at the top. Place on a baking tray and place in a preheated oven 450°F, for 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Lift the baked whole sea bass carefully on to a large hot plate. Carefully heat the sesame oil in a pan until it begins to smoke, pour over the fish and serve immediately.
If sea bass
is not available, farmed gilt head sea bream makes a delicious alternative.
This recipe for Baked Whole Sea Bass in Black Bean Sauce serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Baked Whole Sea Bass in Black Bean Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Baked