6 - 8
How to cook Baked Whole Sea Bass with Rhubarb Sauce
- 1 whole sea bass about 5 pounds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks washed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Chopped parsley sage and oregano in equal proportions
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 small Israeli tomatoes sliced
- 2 cup Rhubarb sauce (see below)
Rhubarb Sauce Ingredients:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush a baking pan with olive oil. Line the pan with the sliced onions, celery and carrots.
- Rub the fish with the remaining olive oil mixed with the soy sauce. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper. Fill the cavity with the herbs and garlic.
- Place the fish on the onions, and top the fish with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake the fish for 25 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve baked bass with the rhubarb sauce.
How to cook Rhubarb Sauce
- 1 pound rhubarb washed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup orange rind thinly sliced
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the rhubarb is cooked.
- Pour the sauce in a sauce-boat and serve with the fish at room temperature.
Use a variety of fish such as cod
, striped bass
, snapper for this recipe.
Rhubarb is a plant name for the many different species of Rheum, growing in the wild in the mountains of the Western and North-western provinces of China and in the adjoining Tibetan territory and in cultivation in much of Europe and the United States.
This recipe for Baked Whole Sea Bass with Rhubarb Sauce serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Baked Whole Sea Bass with Rhubarb Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Baked