How to cook Baked Whole Sea Bream
- 1 whole sea bream, about 2 1/4 pounds (1.1 kg), scaled and gutted
- 4 ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 12 black olives
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200°C).
- Wash the whole sea bream and pat it dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy pan and gently fry the onion with the garlic until it is soft but not brown.
- Lightly oil a shallow baking dish and spread half the softened onion, garlic and tomato slices over the base of the dish.
- Put the whole sea bream on top and surround with the olives.
- Season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the fish, cover with the remaining tomatoes and softened onion and garlic, season again with pepper and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the dish, cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and check the fish before returning it to the oven for a final 10 minutes or until it is cooked.
This recipe for Baked Whole Sea Bream serves/makes: 4
The Baked Whole Sea Bream recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked