How to cook Baked Whole Sea Bream in Salt
- 4 whole sea bream, about 1 pound each, gutted but not scaled or deheaded
- 2 egg whites
- 2 pounds sea salt
- Olive Lemon Sauce
Olive Lemon Sauce Ingredients:
- Preheat the oven to 500°F/gas 9, or its highest setting.
- Lightly beat the egg whites to break them up, then mix in the salt. The mixture should have a damp, snowy texture. Put the bream in a large roasting tin and cover with the salt mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Olive Lemon Sauce.
- When the fish is ready, break open the salt crust. Skin the fish carefully so the salt doesn't touch the flesh.
- Serve with potatoes, fresh vegetables and the Olive Lemon Sauce.
How to cook Olive Lemon Sauce
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Whisk together the sauce ingredients and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
The Baked Whole Sea Bream in Salt is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
This is an extremely simple way of cooking fish. The idea is to prevent the bream from getting dry and to keep all the juices and aromas inside. If you use larger bream, you'll need to increase the cooking time: for 2 pounds bream, bake for 45 minutes. You may also need to increase the salt and egg whites proportionately.
This recipe for Baked Whole Sea Bream in Salt serves/makes: 8
The Baked Whole Sea Bream in Salt recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked