4 servings (1 fish per person)
How to cook Baked Whole Sea Bream with Asparagus
- 4 whole sea bream, cleaned and gutted
- 2 lemons, cut into quarters
- 6 to 8 asparagus tips
- 3 ounces vine cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red chili, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 baby shallots, cut into quarters
- 1 ounce fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 ounce fresh dill, chopped
- Coarse sea salt to taste
- 5 ounces olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 390°F (200°C).
- Add half of the olive oil to a large baking tin (or enough to cover the surface).
- Layer on the fish together in the tin along with all of the vegetables and lemons. Sprinkle across the coarse sea salt and drizzle the remaining olive oil evenly over the fish.
- Sprinkle over all of the parsley and dill across the top of the dish and place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes maximum.
- When the fish is done because the eyes of the will be opaque. If they're still translucent, the fish needs to be cooked for longer. If they're opaque and have completely sunken in, you've overcooked it.
- Serve the baked sea bream with some fresh couscous, quinoa, rice, pasta or a salad.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
The Baked Whole Sea Bream with Asparagus recipe is so simple to execute, yet tastes so awesome!
This is a seriously easy dish to make. Even if you’ve never baked a fish before or handled a whole fish, you’ll be able to pull this one off.
The thing I love about baking fish whole is the fact that there is such little prep time involved in doing it. Not only that but the fish becomes so tender and just flakes apart when you run your fork through it.
I used sea bream in this recipe, but you could use any fish really. Another that I regularly bake is trevally, sea bass or sea bream, so feel free to experiment here.
This recipe for Baked Whole Sea Bream with Asparagus serves/makes: 4 servings (1 fish per person)
The Baked Whole Sea Bream with Asparagus recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked