4 servings (1 fish per person)
How to cook Baked Whole Sea Bream with Lemon Basil Pesto
- 4 whole sea bream (about 10-11 ounces each)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil to grease
- Lettuce leaves to garnish
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- For Pesto:
- 1 small bunch basil
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven at 390°F (200°C).
- Clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills, cut off fins.
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Make 3-4 slashes on either side of the fish. Rub the fish with salt inside and out.
- To prepare the pesto: in a food processor or blender, combine all pesto ingredients except olive oil.
- While blender is running, slowly pour in olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Rub the fish with the pesto inside and out.
- Grease a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lay the fish.
- Bake in a preheated oven until fish flesh can easily be broken-up with a fork, for about 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish the baked sea bream hot with lettuce leaves and lemon wedges.
- Serve with an easy side dish of your choice. Goes well with steamed plain rice.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
The Baked Whole Sea Bream with Lemon Basil Pesto recipe is so simple to execute, yet tastes so awesome!
This is a seriously easy dish to make. Even if you’ve never baked a fish before or handled a whole fish, you’ll be able to pull this one off.
The thing I love about baking fish whole is the fact that there is such little prep time involved in doing it. Not only that but the fish becomes so tender and just flakes apart when you run your fork through it.
I used sea bream in this recipe, but you could use any fish really. Another that I regularly bake is trevally, sea bass or sea bream, so feel free to experiment here.
This recipe for Baked Whole Sea Bream with Lemon Basil Pesto serves/makes: 4 servings (1 fish per person)
The Baked Whole Sea Bream with Lemon Basil Pesto recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked