How to cook Baked Whole Shad with Spinach
- 1 whole shad, about 3 pounds, cleaned and gutted
- 1 cup water
- 2 pounds spinach, washed, cleaned
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Seasonings to taste
- Put whole shad, water, butter, lemon juice and seasonings in a baking pan.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 25 minutes.
- While the shad is cooking, boil the spinach in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Drain off water.
- Cover the shad with the spinach.
- Finish cooking together, about 8 minutes, then serve.
The Baked Whole Shad with Spinach a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 35 minutes.
This recipe for Baked Whole Shad with Spinach serves/makes: 6
The Baked Whole Shad with Spinach recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shad
Preparation Method: Baked