How to cook Baked Whole Turbot with Caper Salsa
- 1 whole turbot (about 4 pounds), trimmed and gutted
- Olive oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
For Caper Salsa:
- 1 sweet onion
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon thyme
- 4 - 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Place turbot in a large roasting tin and drizzle with oil. Season well and roast for 30-35 minutes, until just cooked.
- Insert a knife into the thickest part of the meat near the bones and if it comes away from the bones easily it is cooked.
- To make Caper Salsa, slice sweet onion very finely and place in a bowl with the lemon juice, capers, herbs, and olive oil. Season to taste.
- Once the turbot is cooked, you can either pop it under the broiler to crisp the skin or remove the skin.
- Serve the Baked Whole Turbot hot with caper salsa and lemon wedges.
The Baked Whole Turbot
with Caper Salsa recipe very easy to cook and so good!
You can use 2 whole turbots (about 2 pounds each) instead of one. In this case reduce the baking time from 35 minutes to 20 minutes.
This recipe for Baked Whole Turbot with Caper Salsa serves/makes: 6 servings
The Baked Whole Turbot with Caper Salsa recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Turbot
Preparation Method: Baked