How to cook Baltimore Crab Imperial
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers or pimientos, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Pinch of paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a skillet melt the butter and saute the bell peppers, pimientos, and mushrooms until soft; set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except the crab meat and Imperial Topping, in a bowl and mix well. Add the sauteed peppers and mushrooms to the mixture. Place the crab meat in another bowl and pour the pepper mixture over it. Toss gently.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 small individual casserole dishes or well cleaned crab shells or aluminum crab baking shells.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While baking prepare the topping. In a small bowl, combine all Imperial Topping ingredients and mix well.
- After baking, remove the casseroles from the oven. Preheat the broiler. Spoon the topping evenly over each casserole. Place under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Serve the Baltimore Crab Imperial immediately.
The Baltimore Crab Imperial recipe easy to prepare and so good! A version of the famous Baltimore (Maryland, USA) dish.
This recipe for Baltimore Crab Imperial serves/makes: 4
The Baltimore Crab Imperial recipe is adopted from The Chesapeake Bay Cookbook by John Shields.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Baked