8 - 10 servings
How to cook Bam-I (Pancit Bisaya)
- 1 pound shrimps, shelled and heads removed (slice into halves if large)
- 1 pound pork, sliced
- 1 pound chicken, boiled and shredded
- 1 pack Chinese Sausage, sliced diagonally
- 1 pack (1 pound / 16 ounces) flour sticks (pancit canton noodles)
- 12 ounces vermicelli noodles (sotanghon) soaked in water for 5 minutes
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 2-3 large carrots, julienned
- 1/2 lb. snow peas, sliced
- 1 pack dried wood ear mushrooms, soaked in water and chopped (also known as tenga ng daga)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup shrimp juice (derived by pounding the head of the shrimp)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 chicken flavor cube or bouillon
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive or any other cooking oil
- 4 stalks spring onions, chopped (for garnishing)
- 10 calamansi, washed and cut into half (for garnishing)
- Heat a cooking pot then pour-in olive or cooking oil.
- Saute garlic until toasted brown. Remove and set aside.
- Saute onions in the remaining oil then add the sliced pork and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the sliced Chinese sausage and shredded chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, shrimp juice, salt, ground black pepper, chicken bouillon, and chicken stock then let boil. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Put the shrimps, cabbage, carrots, and wood ears in then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the soaked vermicelli then stir. Cook for a minute.
- Put-in the flour sticks then stir well. Cook for 3 minutes or until the liquid is gone.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions, toasted garlic and place calamansi.
- Serve the Bam-I (Pancit Bisaya) hot.
The Bam-I (Pancit Bisaya)
recipe easy to cook and so good!
is type of noodle dish that originated from Cebu. Aside from being a popular tourist destination because of its beautiful shoreline and history, Cebu is also famous for serving fresh seafood and the best version of Lechong Baboy (roasted pig) in the country.
This recipe for Bam-I (Pancit Bisaya) serves/makes: 8 - 10 servings
The Bam-I (Pancit Bisaya) recipe and pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta