How to cook Bamboo Shoots with Shrimp and Meat
- 4 ounces raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 can (5 ounces) bamboo shoots
- 4 ounces pork, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots or white part of 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- Sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 4 ounces shrimp chips
- Slice the bamboo shoots 1/8 inch thick, then cut into strips about 1/4 inch wide; shred the pork into thin strips. Cut the shrimp in half and then into strips.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat and add the oil. Fry the garlic and shallots, then add the pork; keep stirring until there is no trace of pink visible.
- Add the shrimp, then the bamboo shoots; stir well to combine.
- Add the fish sauce and black pepper, then the sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, and chopped mint leaves. Mix well and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve the Bamboo Shoots with Shrimp and Meat either immediately, hot, or several hours later at room temperature, with the shrimp chips.
The Vietnamese Bamboo Shoots with Shrimp and Meat recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Vietnamese name for this recipe is Goi Mang Tom Thit
This recipe for Bamboo Shoots with Shrimp and Meat serves/makes: 8
The Vietnamese Bamboo Shoots with Shrimp and Meat (Goi Mang Tom Thit) recipe is adopted from The Authentic Vietnamese cooking By Corinne Trang.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed