How to cook Bangladeshi Balti Whitefish Curry
- 1 pound whitefish fillet, cut into large cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- Piece of ginger root, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 green chillies, chopped finely
- 1 bell pepper, cut
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- Handful green coriander, cut
- Fry the onions, garlic, chillies and bell pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish and the ginger and stir-fry 3 minutes more.
- Add coconut cream, turmeric and 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green coriander.
- Serve the Bangladeshi Balti Whitefish Curry over steamed rice.
The Bangladeshi Balti Whitefish Curry recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Balti Stir Fry
is a delicious curry dish originating from northern India and Pakistan. Balti
curry fish is very popular in many countries. Balti
is a Hindustani word meaning a ‘Wok’ or a deep bottomed fry pan for cooking curries. Balti
is also known as ‘Karhai in India. There is a definite impact of Chinese cooking on this rich spicy Indian dish. What makes Balti
dishes a distinctive gratifying experience is the way in which the meat and vegetables are blended with spices.
This recipe for Bangladeshi Balti Whitefish Curry serves/makes: 4
The Bangladeshi Balti Whitefish Curry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed