How to cook Bangladeshi Prawn Curry
- 2 pounds prawns, shelled and cleaned, with the tail on
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 onion, chopped
- Fry the onion and the peppers 3 minutes.
- Add the prawns, the turmeric and the chili powder and fry two minutes; add the coconut milk, bring to the boil and simmer 2 minutes on high heat.
- Take out the prawns and simmer the coconut milk further on high heat until it has a nice consistency.
- Pour this over the prawns.
- Serve the Bangladeshi Prawn Curry with steamed rice.
The Bangladeshi name for the Prawn Curry is Chingri Maacher Malai
This recipe for Bangladeshi Prawn Curry serves/makes: 4
The Bangladeshi Prawn Curry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered
Cuisine: Other Asian
(more Other Asian