How to cook Bangus Fritters with Yogurt-Honey Sauce
- 1 cup vegetable cooking oil
- For Fritters:
- 3/4 cup flaked cooked bangus
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (just boiled and mashed potatoes - no butter, no milk)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
- 1 generous pinch chili flakes or cayenne powder
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- For Yogurt-Honey Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
- Mix together all the ingredients for the fritters. Form into logs.
- In deep fryer or in a high-side saucepan on medium-high heat bring the oil up to a temperature of 350°F to 375°F (180°C to 190°C). Check your temperature with a candy thermometer or until a small cube of white bread dropped into the oil turns golden brown in 15 seconds.
- Fry the logs, three or four at a time, until golden brown and crisp. Scoop out with a slotted spoon or a small spider and drain on a stack of paper towels. Repeat until all the logs are similarly cooked.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
- Serve the Bangus Fritters while hot with the yogurt-honey dipping sauce on a side.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
The Bangus Fritters with Yogurt-Honey Dipping Sauce recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Bangus Fritters with Yogurt-Honey Sauce serves/makes: 2 servings
The Bangus Fritters with Yogurt-Honey Dipping Sauce recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Milkfish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried