How to cook Bangus and Silken Tofu with 3 Sauces
- 1 bangus (milkfish) belly fillet, about 1/2 pound
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons corn or tapioca starch
- 1 silken (kinugoshi) tofu, about 10 ounces
- 2 cup cooking oil for frying
- 1/4 cup pineapple jam
- 1/4 cup mango ketchup
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Cut the bangus fillet into 3/4-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with the starch to coat each piece well.
- Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat the cooking oil until wisps of smoke start to appear.
- Fry the tofu just until lightly browned along the edges. Scoop out and drain on a stack of paper towels.
- Reheat the oil. Fry the bangus cubes until a crisp crust forms on the outside. Scoop out and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off the oil from the pan. Wipe the pan clean with paper towels. Pour in the pineapple jam, chili garlic sauce, mango ketchup, and sweet chili sauce. Heat gently until thin and of pouring consistency. Taste and add salt to balance the flavors.
- Transfer the fried fish and tofu to a platter. Pour the sauce over and around them. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve the Bangus and Silken Tofu with 3 Sauces hot with freshly steamed white rice.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
The Bangus and Silken Tofu with 3 Sauces recipe easy to cook and so good!
The Filipino national fish is milkfish
. The milkfish
is a national symbol of the Philippines, where it is called bangus
. Because milkfish
is notorious for being much bonier than other food fish in the country, deboned milkfish
, or "boneless bangus
", has become popular in stores and markets. Bangus
) can be bought in Filipino stores and whitefish, mullet, butterfish or porgy may be substituted.
This recipe for Bangus and Silken Tofu with 3 Sauces serves/makes: 2 servings
The Bangus and Silken Tofu with 3 Sauces> recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Milkfish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed