10 - 12
How to cook Barbecued Alaskan Salmon with Zesty Sauce
- 1 whole (5 to 6 pounds) Alaskan salmon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- Several sprigs fresh parsley
- Corn oil
- Zesty Sauce (see the recipe below)
Zesty Sauce Ingredients:
- Wash and pat dry. Sprinkle inside of salmon with salt and pepper; dot with butter.
- Arrange overlapping slices of onion, lemon, and parsley in cavity of fish; brush fist with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil, sealing edges with double fold.
- Place on grill over medium-hot coals; cook, carefully turning salmon every 10 minutes. Test for doneness after 45 minutes by internal meat thermometer into thickest portion. Cook to internal temperature of 160°F (70°C), or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork at its thickest part.
- To serve, transfer salmon to a heated serving platter; fold back foil. Cut between bone and meat with a wide spatula; lift off each serving. Serve with Zesty Sauce.
How to cook Zesty Sauce
Makes about 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; heat gently but thoroughly.
The Barbecued Alaskan Salmon with Zesty Sauce recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Barbecued Alaskan Salmon with Zesty Sauce serves/makes: 10 - 12
The Barbecued Alaskan Salmon with Zesty Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Barbecue