How to cook Barbecued Fresh Sardines
- 12 to 16 fresh sardines (approximately 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Black pepper
- Clean the sardines by cutting a small incision along the belly and scooping out the innards with your finger.
- Rinse the fish thoroughly under cold running water and drain. Pat dry the sardines with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the fish with the pepper and garlic. Toss with the olive oil.
- Let sit for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Barbecue the sardines a couple of minutes on each side.
- Serve sprinkled with lemon juice and rind, some more pepper and fresh basil.
The Barbecued Fresh Sardines is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Barbecued Fresh Sardines serves/makes: 4
The Barbecued Fresh Sardines recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Barbecue