How to cook Barbecued Garlic Shrimp
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chives (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 lemons, juiced
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- Saute garlic in butter.
- Remove from heat add lemon juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, parsley and chives.
- Add shrimp.
- Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Put shrimp on skewers.
- Put foil on barbecue and lay shrimp on foil.
- Grill for 6 to 10 minutes or until done.
To thread shrimps onto skewers, fold one end towards the inside, so that skewer penetrates each shrimp into 3 places, to prevent shrimps from moving around while turning skewers.
Always soak bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes, before using, to prevent them from burning on the grill.
This recipe for Barbecued Garlic Shrimp serves/makes: 4
The Barbecued Garlic Shrimp recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Barbecue