How to cook Barbecued Garlic Shrimp with Basil
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled (tail-on shrimp)
- 6-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel shrimp, leaving the tail on. Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic and red pepper.
- Simmer for 1 minute and stir in basil.
- Brush each skewer lightly with garlic butter, then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place on coals over medium heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until very pink.
- Remove barbecued shrimp from grill and brush with remaining garlic butter.
To thread shrimps onto skewers, fold one end towards the inside, so that skewer penetrates each shrimp into 3 places, to prevent shrimps from moving around while turning skewers.
Always soak bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes, before using, to prevent them from burning on the grill.
This recipe for Barbecued Garlic Shrimp with Basil serves/makes: 5
The Barbecued Garlic Shrimp with Basil recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Barbecue