How to cook Barbecued Halibut with Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut steaks or fillets (or red snapper whitefish steaks or fillets)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a pot, place over medium heat and boil until reduced to a thin syrup.
- Pour the syrup through a strainer, discard the cooked ingredients in the strainer and chill the syrup.
- Place halibut steaks or fillets in a baking dish and spoon some syrup over.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cook halibut on a hot grill, basting with a teaspoon of barbecue syrup on each side.
This recipe for Barbecued Halibut with Worcestershire Sauce serves/makes: 6
The Barbecued Halibut with Worcestershire Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Barbecue