How to cook Barbecued Salmon Cutlets
- 4 salmon cutlets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, shredded
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 sheet toasted nori (dried seaweed), cut into thin strips (optional)
- Combine the cucumber, onion, chilli, ginger, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl, cover and stand at room temperature while you cook the salmon cutlets.
- Preheat a barbecue flat-plate and lightly brush it with oil. Cook the salmon on the barbecue for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked as desired. Be careful you do not overcook the fish or it will be dry - it should still be just pink in the center.
- Serve the salmon topped with the cucumber dressing, then sprinkle with strips of toasted nori. Serve with steamed rice.
The Barbecued Salmon Cutlets recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Fish substitution: ocean trout, blue-eye cod.
This recipe for Barbecued Salmon Cutlets serves/makes: 4
The Barbecued Salmon Cutlets recipe is adopted from The Fish Food by Zoe Harpham.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Barbecue