How to cook Barbecued Salmon Steaks
- 4 (1-inch / 2.5-cm thick) salmon steaks (approximately 1 1/2 pounds / 680 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) melted butter or margarine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) dried dill sprigs
- Mix together butter or margarine, lemon juice, salt and pepper thoroughly mix and reserve.
- Well rinse salmon steaks under cold running water pat dry.
- Arrange salmon steaks into a buttered wire fish-rack.
- Barbecue salmon steaks over medium coals for 10 minutes on each side, until fish flesh is easily broken-up with a fork, brushing salmon steaks often with butter or margarine mixture.
- Well mix dill sprigs into remaining butter or margarine mixture.
- Serve salmon steaks, along with dill-flavored butter or margarine.
This recipe for Barbecued Salmon Steaks serves/makes: 4
The Barbecued Salmon Steaks recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Barbecue