How to cook Barbecued Salmon Steaks Marinated in Vermouth
- 6 salmon steaks, approximately 1-inch (2.5-cm) thick
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white vermouth
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) tarragon or dill sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) dry mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Arrange salmon steaks into a shallow dish.
- Into a small bowl, mix together vegetable oil, lemon juice, white vermouth, chopped onion, brown sugar, tarragon or dill and dry mustard.
- Salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over salmon steaks.
- Cover dish marinate fish at room temperature for 2 hours, turning salmon steaks from time to time.
- Drain salmon steaks, reserving marinade.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Oil barbecue rack.
- Transfer salmon steaks onto oiled barbecue rack barbecue for approximately 5 minutes on each side, until fish flesh can easily be broken-up with a fork.
- Turn salmon steaks only once, but brush often with marinade while barbecueing.
Fish with a distinctive flavor, such as salmon
, are perfect for the barbecue.
This recipe for Barbecued Salmon Steaks Marinated in Vermouth serves/makes: 6
The Barbecued Salmon Steaks Marinated in Vermouth recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Barbecue