How to cook Barbecued Scallops, Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs
- 8 large sea scallops
- 8 large shrimps
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin Prosciutto slices
- 4 large pearl onions
- 6 large mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into squares1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into squares
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into squares
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, thyme and pepper.
- Wrap each scallop with Prosciutto slice, and secure with a wooden pick.
- Place scallop and shrimp in dish.
- Pour oil mixture over.
- Cover and marinate for 2 hours.
- Alternate scallops, vegetables and shrimp on skewers, using two scallops and two shrimp for each of the four kabobs.
- Grill until seafood turns opaque basting frequently, about 12 minutes, turning once.
- Serve the Barbecued Shrimp, Scallops and Veggie Kabobs over long grain rice with pine nuts and lemon juice added.
This recipe for Barbecued Scallops, Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs serves/makes: 4
The Barbecued Scallops, Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Barbecue