4 - 6
How to cook Barbecued Scampi
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 pound butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fruity olive oil
- 2 scallions, with tops, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place shrimp in a glass utility dish.
- Combine marinade ingredients, except salt and pepper, in medium container and pour over shrimp, reserving some marinade.
- Cover and set aside while you preheat the grill.
- Skewer shrimp, 2 to the stick, from tail through neck so you can lay the shrimp flat on the grill and turn them easily on the skewers.
- Dab with additional marinade.
- Pour marinade in small, flameproof pan and heat to boiling (either on grill edge or on stove).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill shrimp, turning once, just until pink, 2 to 3 minutes at the most.
- Serve the boiled marinade as a hot dipping sauce.
The Barbecued Scampi recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Several varieties of lobsters are known as scampi. The "true" scampi are Norway lobsters (Nephrops norvegicus), which are found in the Adriatic, parts of the western Mediterranean, and the Irish Sea, hence its name in Ireland and the United Kingdom, the Dublin Bay Prawn. The Italian word for "Dublin Bay Prawn" is scampo, plural scampi.
This recipe for Barbecued Scampi serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Barbecued Scampi recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Barbecue