How to cook Barbecued Shrimp with Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (at least 31-40 count)
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper
- 2 ounces Monterey jack cheese
- 12 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- 6 bamboo Skewers
- Butterfly shrimp by removing shell except for last tail segment.
- On underside of shrimp tails, cut nearly all the way through.
- Marinate in dressing for 10 minutes reserve marinade for basting on the grill.
- Slice pepper in half lengthwise remove seeds and slice into very thin "matchsticks" set aside.
- Slice cheese into "matchsticks" set aside.
- Place 1 strip of pepper and 1 strip of cheese in the center of each shrimp.
- Close shrimp, wrap with 1/2 slice bacon, and thread onto skewers (about six shrimp per skewer).
- Grill shrimp over medium heat for 5 minutes, turning and basting once.
- Shrimp are done when opaque throughout.
This recipe for Barbecued Shrimp with Jalapeno Pepper serves/makes: 6
The Barbecued Shrimp with Jalapeno Pepper recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Barbecue