4 - 6
How to cook Barbecued Shrimp with Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 pounds unpeeled large or jumbo shrimp
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Wash shrimp and drain on paper towels.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, salad dressing mix, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place shrimp in bowl and cover with marinade.
- Marinate in refrigerator 2 to 4 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Lift shrimp from marinade with slotted spoon and push onto skewers.
- Place on charcoal grill about 6 inches from hot coals.
- Grill about 10 minutes, turning once and brushing with marinade.
- Pour remaining marinade into pan.
- Stir in brown sugar, soy sauce and onion.
- Heat to boiling.
- Serve as a dip for shrimp.
Worcestershire sauce also known as Worcester sauce is a widely used fermented liquid condiment. It is currently made with vinegar, molasses, corn syrup, water, chili peppers, soy sauce, pepper, tamarinds, anchovies, onions, shallots, cloves and garlic.
This recipe for Barbecued Shrimp with Worcestershire Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Barbecued Shrimp with Worcestershire Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Barbecue